Apr 23, 2013

Sponges

Have you ever noticed how children are like sponges. Sounds, words, actions all are quickly learned and copied (especially the ones that you might not want to be copied).

With my two children I try to constantly provide them with items that will enhance their learning and help them to become better children, friends, and citizens of the community. We limit tv use in our home and are very aware of the surrounding we as well as our children are in.

I don't want to sound like a "Molly Mormon" but I am a firm believer that things can and do affect us. If we are constantly around things that are offensive, we will soon begin to accept them and become numb.

It was recently brought to my attention that the FCC wants to "relax" decency standards. This could mean female frontal nudity and the "F" bomb on prime time tv.  In my book, that is NOT okay. If you would like to read more about it, you can click on the link to read the article I found....FCC relaxed

There is a link in the article so that you can also file a complaint if you feel as I do.... There is enough filth around, lets not let more in our homes....


No comments:

Post a Comment