Apr 29, 2013

Motherhood

Mondays often bring a renewed energy to life. It is the beginning of a week where everything I did wrong last week or even yesterday, I can change and improve upon. It is a start to being better, or at least trying.

On Sundays ilike to sit and plan for the week ahead. What meals I will be making. What appointments we have. What family activities we can do. I get so excited. I think, I will wake up earlier. I will get more done.... And then it happens....

No SLEEP

Or less than my body needs.... When the alarm goes off, I ignore it...  When I think about all that needs done, or I have planned to do, I just want to crawl into my warm bed and rest my tired eyes. Everything I do, I do because I have two precious little children in the rooms beside me. But, I also feel exhausted because of those two little children who had a difficult night.

I needed a pick me up. I reminder that I am not alone and I am doing alright.

... Moved by that kind of devotion and determination, may I say to mothers collectively, in the name of the Lord, you are magnificent. You are doing terrifically well. The very fact that you have been given such a responsibility is everlasting evidence of the trust your Father in Heaven has in you. He knows that your giving birth to a child does not immediately propel you into the circle of the omniscient. If you and your husband will strive to love God and live the gospel yourselves; if you will plead for that guidance and comfort of the Holy Spirit promised to the faithful; if you will go to the temple to both make and claim the promises of the most sacred covenants a woman or man can 
make in this world; if you will show others, including your children, the same caring, compassionate, forgiving heart you want heaven to show you; if you try your best to be the best parent you can be, you will have done all that a human being can do and all that God expects you to do.

As long as I am trying! Heavenly Father will accept my constant effort. The rest of the talk is just as amazing as this part... Because She is a Mother.  



If you need a good reminder that, you are amazing, read this talk. It is a good way to gain a little more mobility for a hard day and know that your efforts are seen and appreciated by a loving Heavenly Father! 

No comments:

Post a Comment