May 1, 2014

ibotta

I talk a lot about ibotta and the rebates I get from using this particular app.  I thought I would explain it a little better.

ibotta is an app that can be used on a smart phone or ipad (I honestly don't know about other tablets). ibotta offers different rebates such as; grocery, apparel, restaurant, health and beauty, pet, home improvement, babies & kids, and movie theaters.  The categories are always there, however the rebates within them change.  When a rebate is soon to expire it will show in a banner above the item.  Also, some stores have Exclusive items that are only offered at that particular location.  

The reason I love ibotta is because I can pair it with coupons and store sales.  For example, I purchased Kellogg's cereal yesterday at the store as part of a promotion and paid $1.49 per box.  Then I had a coupon that was $1.00 off 3 (so I selected 3 boxes that were each individually offered on ibotta as well) my boxes of cereal with the coupon then were $1.16.  When I got home, I went into my app, to Smith's (because that is where I made my purchase), then clicked on each item I had purchased.  I verified my purchase (by scanning the bar-code of the cereal) then took a picture of my receipt.  Each item was worth a $.75 rebate totaling my cereal at $.41 a box!!!

Then once you earn $5 in rebates you can cash out via venmo, Paypal or get gift cards that are available.  It is pretty simple, yet very worth the few minutes it takes to do.  

A great thing that ibotta does, is when you use a referral link to sign up, they give you 10 days to claim a rebate.  If you do within those 10 days, they bonus you with $2.00 to get you going!  Right now, they have milk available on a rebate even!!!!  

Any brand- One Gallon of White milk (excludes flavored and no-dairy varieties).  

All you have to do is purchase a gallon of white milk at any of the stores under grocery, verify the milk by scanning the bar-code, then take a picture of the receipt.  Within 24 hours usually, the rebate will show up for you!!!

Let me know if you have any questions about this app and I will help you as much as I can.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment