May 12, 2014

A belated Happy Mother's Day


Mother's day is a special day for many mommies out there.  It is also an incredibly difficult for many amazing women who do not/cannot/or have not yet had children of their own.  I want to wish each of you, no matter your circumstance, a Happy Mother's Day.  Looking back at my life it was those women who were not my biological mother that influenced me the most.  They were there for me and built me up.  I am speaking of leaders, teachers, mentors, women I worked with, and family members... These women were not my mother, however they showed me how to be a woman that had integrity and that I desired to be like and emulate.  A mother is one who nurtures, shows love and compassion and teaches (as well as many other things).  I have many mothers that have been those things for me and who I hold dear to my heart!  

Elaine S Dalton in her address titled, "Because we Matter" stated this, 

As daughters of God we are each unique and different in our circumstances and experiences. And yet our part matters—because we matter.”

Each of you matter, and I want you to know that!  

I hope that you each found joy in Mother's Day and remember that your part matters, and it makes a difference!

Wishing you a (late) Happy Mother's Day



No comments:

Post a Comment