Mar 1, 2013

Food Storage Friday

Have you thought about starting your food storage?  It can be an overwhelming thought!  I searched the internet for days looking for quantities of what I would need for my family of four.  What is cool with Shelf Reliance, is they have a program that can help get you comfortable with what you need and how much you need of it.  It is called The Q!  You create a custom plan for your family.  It asks you who and for how long.  It then creates a list, that you can edit, for what you would need to survive!  It is AWESOME!  You can go to this link and just play with things if you would like... http://www.shelfreliance.com/productqueue
 
 
That was a helpful start for me because I felt so overwhelmed by everything out there.  I just knew I needed food...  
I have a friend who, for the last 30 days has been living exclusively on her food storage.  She wanted to see how it would really be and what they used.  If you would like to look at her blog, she documented the ups and downs, and also the recipes she used.  You can visit it at http://foodstorageliving.com .  She found in her actuall 33 days that she loved knowing that she could create healthy balanced meals.  That her family enjoyed eating their food storage and that she needed more fruit!  I can totally see that.  Snuggles just came in with the pears for a snack.  He loves them. 

So, as you are preparing your shelves, remember to store more fruit (I would also say veggies because my kids enjoy snacking on those too).  If the time comes that you have to live off of your food storage, you will want to be prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment