Apr 28, 2014

Couponing and how I do it :)


I have been couponing for a few years now.  I began when I had my second child and we needed a way to make ends meet.  It was couponing, or finding a job for me and so I subscribed to a newspaper and began.  At first I did a binder method and cut the coupons I knew I would use.  It took about an hour each Sunday or Monday and then I would do it again the next week.  I liked the binder method because at the store I could easily find a coupon, however often times I had thrown out coupons that could get me free items or that I thought I would not use and would have...

So, I then began the file method, which is what I currently use.  I have 2 file folders.  One I put my P&G coupons in as well as Red Plum (and my shopping lists).  The other I put all my Smart Source coupons in (pictured below).  You can get file folders nearly anywhere.  I initially got mine at Target but you can also get them HERE.  


 So, I hoard all my coupons in my file folders.  Then, when I get ready to go shopping I pull all the coupons that I will be using and put them into protective pages.  While I am shopping, I just pull out the coupon for the item as I go and then at the register, I just have to hand them the coupons in my pocket. These are the Protective pages I use.  

A lot of couponers will tell you to leave the stash of coupons at home, however, I take mine whenever I go shopping.  There are so many unadvertised deals that I want my coupons so that I don't miss them.  

That is  a fast version of how I coupon.  Look forward to more posts that go into greater depth.  


No comments:

Post a Comment