Feb 25, 2013

Mormon Monday

It has been a while since I posted, and to be quite honest I should be getting ready for tomorrow, but I wanted to share a thought.

Yesterday we were given the opportunity to talk in our ward. We were asked to speak on the talk fom Elder Hales entitled Being a More Christian Christian. I found it difficult to find one thing to focus on. But I feel that it came together, not due to anything I did by any means...  I just wanted to share a few thoughts from it.

What kind of Christians are we? How are we doing in our quest to follow Christ? Living a Christian life is not just something we can check off at the end of the day. It is a way of life. President Monson in a first presidency message asked, "what are we doing with today? If we live only for tomorrow, we'll eventually have a lot of empty yesterdays".

As we live our lives we must find ways to live the attributes of Christ. When we may fall back into old habits, much like Peter and some of the apostles after Christ's death when they went fishing, we must be like Peter and swim to Chist. He did not wait for the boat to fet there! There was no hesitation and we must not hesitate either! Don't delay!

What kind of Christians are we? How are we doing in our quest to follow Christ? What thinks Christ of me?

No comments:

Post a Comment