Feb 8, 2013

A START

For some time I have been contemplating the best things for my family...  Don't we all do that?  What foods to make each day?  What activities to play?  Where to go to keep two toddlers busy and entertained in this weather without picking up anymore sickness that I don't want to handle!  I have also been thinking about ways to prepare my family.  Food storage, emergency kits, spiritually...  I guess the list goes on and on.  But, I am finally taking action. A START you might say.  I have been really interested in food storage lately.  I have tried several different companies, had a few people even come to my house and I tasted some alright things and some pretty good things.  I wanted to be sensible about it too though.  I don't want to be one of those doom and gloom types, I just want to be prepared if something were to happen.  But it was also important to keep our budget and not make other priorities suffer.  After quite some time and lots of searching and talking with several people, I found a good fit.  Shelf Reliance.  I enjoyed their THRIVE products, found it awsome that they also do emergency preparedness and my kids eat their meat and vegetables.  Now, Snuggles, who is 2 1/2 doesn't eat much, so this is a BIG deal!  He opens the pantry and pulls it out all on his own.  Healthy snack...  why yes, you don't even need to ask.  I love it!  I also like the idea of using it.  Not just tucking it in a box in the basement, or under a bed but cooking with it.  Which means that it tastes good!  If you have never tried it and want to, I would love for you to have that chance.  You can message me here or you can go to   http://prepareyourshelves.shelfreliance.com and there is a contact section that you can write any questions or anything down too and I will get right back to you (well, probably during nap time...)

I am hoping to write down all the things I am doing with my family to become more self reliant and prepared.  I have found a lot of amazing things from other sites.  I will make sure to give credit where credit is due.  If you have something you and your family are doing, I would also love to hear about that!  Because, believe me, I need as much help as possible!  Look forward to the next post...  Maybe it will be about the preschool items I am trying to prepare, or the prayer books I am attempting to make...  We will see.

Heres to A START...

No comments:

Post a Comment