Nov 19, 2013

A Time of Thanksgiving

I have 2 toddlers... Well, I guess I should rather say 2 kiddos at or under the age of 3.  They are full of life and anxious to learn.  With Thanksgiving right around the corner we have been doing a push to remember all the things we are grateful for (and focus on those things).  We also make sure at the end of the day to add in things in our bedtime prayers.  That way prayers aren't becoming monotonous and the kiddos can come up with things pretty easily (because we have just worked on their turkeys).

I can't take credit for much of the idea, but I wanted to share it with you.  There is still plenty of time to get enough "hands" on there and make it a very grateful turkey.

I got the idea from Enchanted Learning.  It has some really great ideas and why reinvent the wheel?  I found the little face just by searching turkey clipart and found it on ABC teach.  From there, I just searched for pictures of things my kiddos would be grateful for.  They can't read, and so it would do them no good if I simply wrote down words.  I found pictures of things we do, see and enjoy.  I then traced their hands on orange, red, and yellow paper (if you fold it into fourths and trace once, after you cut you will get 4 hands!  saves some time).  Each night before our bedtime routine, we take their turkeys off the wall, talk about things that happened throughout the day, and then I give them a couple of pictures to select a "thankful" from.  I glue it on the turkey and then we talk about all the thankfuls.  My kids are loving it and there have been a few nights they remind me to do the turkey.

Hope that you are able to find a way to help your kids to see all their blessings and to find ways to count them!


No comments:

Post a Comment