May 15, 2013

A time to Grow

I think it is amazing to see how we, as a society, advance and grow.  I have noticed lateley a trend in what I read (mostly on blogs) about how people have taken their trials and successes and shared them with others.  This sharing can be looked at in multiple lights.  Some may look at it and say that they are seeking attention or yearning for approval; however I say that their experiences can make the rest of us stronger!  We can take from them and learn how to overcome challenges before or during when they occur.  I love that we are no longer afraid to share the imperfections in our lives, we all have them.  We are here to learn and if we band together, we will become stronger and harder to break. 


The purpose of mortality is to learn and to grow to be more like our Father, and it is often during the difficult times that we learn the most, as painful as the lessons may be.  -Thomas S. Monson

I think by taking the opportunity to share some of our experiences, we are able to look at our experiences and see them in different lights. Often it is a way for us to document and move on as well. As I have talked with friends it has be come obvious that we are taught to put on a good face.and not let anyone see our weaknesses.  Although I do agree with this to some extent (if we are always negative all we will see in life is the dreary) I do think that we are leading the next generation into a false future.  We are here to learn. We are here and trials will occur.  It does not show inadequacy to hurt or to cry. It shows that one has feelings and is not numb. Thank you to those who have decided to share your raw stories. Who you are and why you are that person! 

No comments:

Post a Comment